The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving raw materials and/or finished goods and maintaining inventory and associated records. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems. Schedule is Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including:Filling and shipping customer orders, satisfying internal shipping requirements (technical service, vendors, etc.), ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation, receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate area or personnel, filling work orders from production, packaging assemblies and receiving into finished goods, ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged and overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of the department activities.
- Developing and maintaining departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and work flow.
- Interpreting company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices.
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal customers.
- Education & Experience: Associates degree and three to five years of relevant warehouse experience (including 1+ year of previous supervisory experience), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to make calculations such as discounts, freight estimates, dimensional weight, invoices, and percentages.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting of 30-40 pounds, occasional climbing of ladders; usage of pallet jacks.
- Related experience in the medical device industry.
- APICS/CPIM Certification.
- Familiarity with MAX system.
- Experience with lean methodologies.
- Power pallet jack certification.
Qualified candidates can mail, e-mail, or fax resume and salary requirements to:
Nonin Medical, Inc.
Attention: HR Department
13700 1st Avenue North
Plymouth, Minnesota 55441-5443
|©2009 Nonin Medical, Inc. All rights reserved |