Technical Service Manager
Nonin Medical, Inc. is a rapidly growing international medical device manufacturer that has been designing and distributing high quality medical monitoring devices since 1986. Headquartered in Plymouth, MN, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. We are currently searching for a Technical Service Manager to join our Technical Service team.
This role is responsible for understanding the company and customer technical needs; developing, defining and implementing short and long term Technical Service strategies to achieve company and customer needs. This position also manages and develops the worldwide technical service function, activities and processes. The ideal candidate will have related experience in medical technical service and be a leader of implementing strategy to achieve short and long-term goals for the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Technical Service strategies to help the organization achieve strategic goals and objectives.
- Define and implement short and long-term tactical Operations plans that align with the business unit franchises.
- Support, define and implement OUS field plans and objectives for Technical Service repairs, reporting and training.
- Responsible for managing the selection and development of people, resources, and budgets necessary to perform the functions of the department.
- Create, edit and implement company policies pertaining to the department.
- Assign duties and work direction to department personnel.
- Review and sign off on all deviations, engineering change notices as applicable per the approval/notification requirement.
- Create product technical updates for systems that are returned for repair.
- Monitor activities with the loaner program.
- Manage return authorizations and return authorization process.
- Determine if investigations should be initiated by utilizing the failure description received from the customer at the time of product failure.
- Make technical suggestions regarding modifications to documentation, product performance and failure analysis.
- Manage and establish field service spare parts list, training and support for selected distributors.
- Sit on project teams to setup transition from concept to in the field.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all repair orders and return authorizations.
- Oversee the maintenance of distributor and customer computer database
- Set up new accounts in MAX/MRP computer software.
- Ensure product repair and technical support knowledge is transferred to the Technical Service team.
- Monitor work procedures, work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Monitor service calls to observe employee's demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of Technical Services team.
- Train appropriate personnel on Nonin’s procedure for servicing product.
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 years related experience in Medical Technical Service and / or training. Advanced technological and/or clinical experience with medical devices.
- 3 year of experience at the managerial level.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all operational levels of the organization as well as with suppliers and customers, exercising appropriate tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to present recommendations and ideas and to summarize issues.
- Ability to build, coach and motivate a high performance technical service team, while holding the team accountable for results.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and have strong team building skills.
- Self-Starter; Organized; Problem-Solving; Detail-Oriented; Administrative
- Integrity & Ethics; Customer-Focused; Positive Attitude; Results-Driven; Action-Oriented; Flexible and Adaptable
- Related experience in the medical device industry.
- Familiarity with FDA Medical Device Reporting regulations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access and similar database applications.
Qualified candidates can mail, e-mail, or fax resume and salary requirements to:
Nonin Medical, Inc.
Attention: HR Department
13700 1st Avenue North
Plymouth, Minnesota 55441-5443
|©2009 Nonin Medical, Inc. All rights reserved |