Sourcing Engineer - Supplier Quality
Nonin Medical, Inc. is a rapidly growing international medical device manufacturer that has been designing and distributing high quality medical monitoring devices since 1986. Headquartered in Plymouth, MN, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. We are currently searching for a dynamic Sourcing Engineer to join our Sourcing Team.>/p>
Lead efforts in exploring, initiating, developing, and validating opportunities in Quality Improvements and Cost Savings initiatives and other supply chain related improvement opportunities. Act as technical interface between suppliers and development/ manufacturing engineers to determine new and alternate sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review supplier’s processes and identify improvement opportunities in processes and systems at supplier locations to improve Quality, Cost and Flow of supplied materials throughout the entire supply chain.
- Involvement with New Product Development (NPD) teams to ensure the integrity and clarity of engineering drawing requirements and all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers.
- Interaction with NPD teams to insure suppliers are involved in development and review of specifications to promote Design for Manufacturability.
- Use Project Management skills and tools to investigate alternate component technologies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability and implements changes.
- Continuous involvement in the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
- Conduct Supplier System and Process Audits in compliance with Nonin’s Supplier Performance and Monitoring goals and objectives.
- Support day-to-day activities addressing NCMR, SCAR’s and support of Receiving Inspection department. Assist with quality problem resolutions.
- Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineer or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an engineering discipline with concentration on Supplier Quality.
- Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good interpersonal, project management and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Self Starter; Highly Organized; Complex Problem-Solving; Strong Analytical Judgment; Technical Detail-Oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge of FDA QSR requirements
- Knowledge of ISO and other recognized international quality system standards
- Requires 5 -10% domestic & international travel
- Knowledge of world class quality techniques and implementation
- Experience with FMEA, DOE, SPC
- Experience with Printed Circuit Board Assemblies and electronic components
- Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience
- Prior exp with LED technoloyg or sesnsor assemblies
- Sit, stand, and/or walk for 8 hours/day.
Qualified candidates can mail, e-mail, or fax resume and salary requirements to:
Nonin Medical, Inc.
Attention: HR Department
13700 1st Avenue North
Plymouth, Minnesota 55441-5443
|©2009 Nonin Medical, Inc. All rights reserved |