Nonin Medical, Inc. recommends the following process for cleaning your device:
- Wipe the device with a soft cloth dampened with the following generic active ingredients.
- Chloroxylenol 3.0%
- Bleach – 5.25% sodium hypochlorite
- Phenolic germicidal detergent solution
- Ammonium chloride
- Mild detergent (such as Ivory soap)
- De-ionized water
- Disinfectant wipes (Lysol)
- Do not use undiluted bleach or any cleaning solution other than those recommended here, as permanent damage could result.
- Dry with a soft cloth or allow to air dry.
Caution: Do not place the device in liquid or clean it with agents containing ammonium chloride or products that are not listed in the User’s Guide.