At the Hospital and in the Field
Medics must be ready to provide critical care in the most challenging environments. They need equipment they can trust. Nonin fingertip pulse oximeters use clinically proven technology to provide consistent measurements in a wide range of settings, and for patients of all kinds. By delivering accurate patient data, Nonin solutions help medics make confident decisions quickly, no matter the environment.
Built to Meet Demanding Requirements
Nonin pulse oximeters are made in the USA and built to last. They are suitable for repeated daily use across a variety of treatment environments and patient types. Even in challenging conditions, Nonin devices provide measurements you can trust.
Nonin, the world leader in fingertip oximetry, has designed years of clinical experience into the Onyx II 9550 fingertip pulse oximeter. The electronics and sensor are incorporated into a compact, durable fingertip oximeter, providing a cost-effective solution for spot checks and short-term monitoring. The Onyx II 9550 puts SpO2 and pulse rate measurements within reach anywhere, at any time.
- Easy to Use—Automatically turns on and off for fast, easy spot checks
- Flexible—Accommodates finger thicknesses from 0.3 to 1.0 inch (8 mm to 26 mm)
- Tried and True—Clinically proven accuracy in the widest range of patients and settings
- Highly Visible—Large, bright LED display can be read from any angle, day or night
- Efficient—Allows for 2,500 spot checks on a single battery
- Durable and Reliable—U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force Airworthiness Certified
Nonin PalmSAT 2500 Series handheld pulse oximeters have been certified for use aboard U.S. military aircraft — and the Nonin Onyx® II 9550 is the only fingertip oximeter approved for use aboard U.S. military aircraft. To be certified airworthy by both the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force these devices had to maintain performance and pass all of the following required tests:
- Baseline Performance Assessment
- Electrical Safety Testing: to ensure safety of patients in harsh environments
- Vibration Testing: must operate during extreme vibration conditions in helicopters
- Electromagnetic Interference Testing: extensive testing to assure operations through interference from radio and radar transmitters
- Environmental Testing: must operate in extreme hot, cold and humid conditions
- Altitude Testing: must operate in non-pressurized environments at high altitudes (up to 40,000 ft.)
- Rapid Decompression Testing: must operate while withstanding immediate decompression to 40,000 ft. without damage
- Explosive Atmosphere Testing: must operate safely in an environment filled with explosive vapors without igniting
- Flight Testing: in-flight performance test in military aircraft
(Note: Detailed results from U.S. military-conducted tests are not publicly available.)
Count on Nonin
More than 30 years of patented
oximetry measurement expertise.
Products that deliver consistent
performance without interruption.
and responsive service teams.