NOTE: The Onyx 9500 has been replaced by the new Onyx Vantage. The Onyx 9500 is available in limited distribution outside North America and Europe.
Contact your Nonin representative for more information.
The Original All-In-One Digital Fingertip Pulse Oximeter™
Proven Pulse Oximetry at Your Fingertips — Anywhere, Anytime
In 1995 Nonin Medical revolutionized pulse oximetry with the Onyx. Hundreds of thousands of people trust Onyx, the first self-contained digital fingertip pulse oximeter. Incorporating the electronics and sensor into one unit – the easy-to-use Onyx provides a cost-effective solution for spot-checks and short-term monitoring that is unparalleled in reliability and performance.
U.S. Military Airworthiness Certifications: Required Testing
- Proven Accuracy & DurabilityUsed by clinicians worldwide
- Simple OperationAutomatic on/off operation
- Cost EffectiveNo additional sensors needed
- VersatileAccommodates finger sizes from pediatric to adult
- Efficient18 hours of continuous use; 1600 spot-checks
Pulse Oximetry at Your Fingertips
The Onyx is ideal for use in any situation where a fast and accurate reading of blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate is needed. Never search for a pulse oximeter or sensor again. The portability and functionality of the Onyx makes it a valuable tool in any situation where a fast and accurate reading of blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate is needed.
- Small & LightweightCarry the Onyx anywhere: on a lanyard, in a carrying case or in your pocket/purse. It weighs less than 2 oz.
- Large, Bright LED DisplaySpO2 and Pulse Rate can be read from any angle, day or night.
- Pulse Quality IndicatorBrilliant, easy-to-see LED provides a quick and accurate assessment of patient readings.
- Pediatric to Adult Finger SizesAccommodates a wide range of finger thicknesses,
0.3 - 1.0 inch (8 mm to 26 mm).
- Automatic On/Off
- Energy EfficientOperates on two AAA alkaline batteries for approximately 1600 spot-checks or up to 18 hours of continuous operation.
- Durable & ReliableRugged enough for use in the most demanding situations. The Onyx has the US Army and US Air Force aeromedical certification for use in helicopters.
- Pulse Oximetry at Home
- Onyx® in the Hospital Setting: a Six Month Study
- Onyx in the Physician's Office: Patient Care is Enhanced with Addition of Pulse Oximetry to Routine Vital Signs Monitoring
- Onyx in the Long-Term Care Facility: Patient Care is Enhanced with Addition of Pulse Oximetry to Routine Vital Signs Monitoring
- Accuracy of Nonin Onyx 9500 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter is Superior to Competitor's Device
- 9500 Spec Sheet
- 9500ES - External Spring - Package of 30
- 9500GI - Gripping Insert - Package of 60
- 9500L-B - Lanyard Cord and Lock - Black - Package of 30
- 9500BD - Battery Door - Package of 30
- 9500CC-BC - Carrying Case – Black, Clip
- 9500CC-YL - Carrying Case – Yellow, Belt Loop
- JM2-CC - Justice Mark 2 Protective Case
- 9500INS-DK/SE - Instruction Insert–Onyx Pulse Oximeter, Danish/Swe
- 9500INS-NL/GR - Instruction Insert–Onyx Pulse Oximeter, Dutch/Gree
- 9500INS-US/FR - Instruction Insert–Onyx Pulse Oximeter, English/Fr
- 9500INS-DE/PT - Instruction Insert–Onyx Pulse Oximeter, German/Por
- 9500INS-ES/IT - Instruction Insert–Onyx Pulse Oximeter, Spanish/It