Nonin is committed to investments in clinical research and education to improve patient care and safety. By partnering with leading clinicians and institutions in rigorous, scientific exploration of our technologies, Nonin aims to contribute to the general knowledge of NIRS tissue oximetry. Such collaborations allow for the advancement of clinical practice and technology solutions that will meet the unique and sometimes extraordinary needs of clinicians.
- Lewis C, Parulkar S, Bebawy J et al. Cerebral Neuromonitoring during cardiac surgery: A critical appraisal with an emphasis on NIRS J of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia, Volume 32, Issue 5, Pages 2313–2322, October 2018.
- Hare G, Han K, Leshchyshyn Y et al. Potential biomarkers of tissue hypoxia during acute hemodilutional anemia in cardiac surgery: A prospective study to assess tissue hypoxia as a mechanism of organ injury. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, Volume 65, Issue 8, August 2018.
- Rebet O, Fischer MO, Zamparini G, Gérard JL et al. Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Hemoglobin Index Measurement During Fluid Challenge: A Prospective Study in Cardiac Surgery Patients. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2015 Jan 8
- Wutzler A, Otto N, Gräser S, Boldt LH et al. Acute Decrease of Cerebral Oxygen Saturation during Rapid Ventricular and Supraventricular Rhythm: A Pilot Study. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2014 Sep; 37(9):1159-65.
- Wutzler A, Nee J, Boldt LH, Kühnle Y et al. Improvement of cerebral oxygen saturation after successful electrical cardioversion of atrial fibrillation. Europace. 2014 Feb; 16(2):189-94.
- Mohandas BS, Jagadeesh AM, Vikram SB. Impact of monitoring cerebral oxygen saturation on the outcome of patients undergoing open heart surgery. Ann Card Anaesth (162) Apr-June, 2013.
- Apostolidou I, Morrissette G, Sarwar MF, et al. Cerebral oximetry during cardiac surgery: The association between cerebral oxygen saturation and perioperative patient variables.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2012 Dec;26(6):1015-21
- Apostolidou I, Morrissette G, Sarwar M, et al. Clinical Assessment of Cerebral Oximetry during Cardiovascular Surgery. Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists. Boston, MA. May 1, 2012. Poster session.
- MacLeod DB, Ikeda K, Vacchiano C, et al. Development and Validation of a Cerebral Oximeter Capable of Absolute Accuracy. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia, 2012 Dec; 26(6):1007-14.
- Abicht JM, Schmitz C, Bauer A, Wolf M, Christ F. Cerebral oximetry monitoring during transapical aortic valve replacement. American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA. October 16, 2010. Poster session.
Orthopedic Beach Chair
- Shear T, Murphy G. Impact of the Beach Chair Position on Cerebral Perfusion: What Do We Know So Far? Clin Orthop Relat Res 2013; epub
- Gillespie R et al. The Safety of Controlled Hypotension for Shoulder Arthroscopy in the Beach Chair Position J Bone Joint Surg Am 2012;Jul 18;94(24):1284-90
- Moerman AT, De Hert SG, Jacobs TF, De Wilde LF, Wouters PF. Cerebral oxygen desaturation during beach chair position. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2012 Feb;29(2):82-7
- Murphy GS, Szokol JW, Marymont JH, et al. Cerebral oxygen desaturation events assessed by NIRS during shoulder arthroscopy in the beach chair and lateral decubitus position. Anesth Analg 2010;111;496-505
- Martini S and Corvaglia L. Splanchnic NIRS monitoring in neonatal care: rationale, current applications and future perspectives. Journal of Perinatology, 22 February 2018.
- Olbrecht VA, Skowno J, Marchesini V et al. An International, Multicenter, Observational Study of Cerebral Oxygenation during Infant and Neonatal Anesthesia. Anesthesiology, January 2018.
- Grometto A, Pizzo B, Strozzi MC et al. Near-infrared spectroscopy is a promising noninvasive technique for monitoring the effects of feeding regimens on the cerebral and splanchnic regions. Acta Pædiatrica, September 2017.
- Grometto A, Pizzo B, Strozzi MC et al. Cerebral NIRS patterns in late preterm and very preterm infants becoming late preterm.The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine, 20 Nov 2017.
- Elsayed YN, Amer R, Seshia MM. The impact of integrated evaluation of hemodynamics using targeted neonatal echocardiography with indices of tissue oxygenation: a new approach. Journal of Perinatology, 19 January 2017.
- Dhabangi A, Ainomugisha B, Cserti-Gazdewich C et al. Cerebral oximetry in Ugandan children with severe anemia. JAMA Pediatr. 1 October 2016.
- Tume LN, Arnold P et al. Near-infrared spectroscopy after high-risk congenital heart surgery in the Paediatric intensive care unit. Cardiol Young. 2015 Mar; 25(3):459-67
- Schneider A, Minnich B, Hofstätter E, Weisser C et al. Comparison of 4 near-infrared spectroscopy devices show that they are only suitable for monitoring cerebral oxygenation trends in preterm infants. Acta Paediatr. 2014 Sep; 103(9):934-8.
- Kreeger RN, Ramamoorthy C, Nicolson SC, et al. Evaluation of Pediatric Near-Infrared Cerebral Oximeter for Cardiac Disease. Annals Thoracic Surgery. 2012;94:1527-33.
- Reagan EM, Nguyen RT, Ravishankar ST et al. Monitoring the Relationship Between Changes in Cerebral Oxygenation and Electroencephalography Patterns During Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: A Feasibility Study Critical Care Medicine, 1 May 2018.
- Singer AJ, Nguyen RT, Ravishankar ST, Schoenfeld ER, Parnia S : Cerebral Oximetry Versus End Tidal CO2 In Predicting ROSC After Cardiac Arrest. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2018 Mar;36(3):403-407
- Tran L, Yang J, O’Neill C et al. The Association Between Post-Resusciation Cerebral Oxygenation and Survival With Favorable Neurological Outcomes: A Multicenter Study. American Heart Association, 14 Nov 2017.
- Deakin CD, Yang J, Nguyen R et al. Effects of epinephrine on cerebral oxygenation during cardiopulmonary resuscitation: A prospective cohort study. European Resuscitation Council, December 2016.
- Storm C, Wutzler A, Trenkmann L et al. Good neurological outcome despite very low regional cerebral oxygen saturation during resuscitation–a prospective preclinical trial in 29 patients. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine, 6 April 2016.
- Parnia S, Yang J, Nguyen R, et al. Cerebral Oximetry During Cardiac Arrest: A Multicenter Study of Neurologic Outcomes and Survival. Crit Care Med. 1 September 2016.
- Genbrugge, C., De Deyne, C., Meex, I., Boer, W., Jans, F., Heylen, R., Ferdinande, B., Dens, J. Potential Utility of mean initial cerebral saturation during advanced life support in out of hospital cardiac arrest patients as predictor of survival? Critical Care Journal, 2015.
- Ahn A, Yang J, Inigo-Santiago L, Parnia S. A feasibility study of cerebral oximetry monitoring during the post-resuscitation period in comatose patients following cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2014 Apr;85(4).
- Parnia S, Nasir A, Ahn A, Malik H, et al. A feasibility study of cerebral oximetry during in-hospital mechanical and manual cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Crit Care Med. 2014 Apr;42(4).
- Schewe JC, Thudium MO1, Kappler J, Steinhagen F et al. Monitoring of cerebral oxygen saturation during resuscitation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a feasibility study in a physician staffed emergency medical system. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2014 Oct 5
- Singer AJ, Ahn A, Inigo-Santiago LA, et al. Cerebral oximetry levels during CPR are associated with return of spontaneous circulation following cardiac arrest: an observational study. Emerg Med J. 2014 Mar 24.
- Storm C, Leithner C, Krannich A, Wutzler A et al. Regional cerebral oxygen saturation after cardiac arrest in 60 patients—A prospective outcome study. Resuscitation. 2014 Aug; 85(8):1037-41.
- Weatherall A, Garner A, Lovell N, Redmond S et al. Study protocol for the PHANTOM study: prehospital assessment of noninvasive tissue oximetry monitoring. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2014
- Schneider A, Hofstätter E, Brandner J et al. Benchmarking of Four Near Infrared Spectroscopy Devices for Long Time Use in Neonates. Klinische Pädiatrie, September 2018.
- Shuler MS, Roskosky M, Kinsey T et al. Continual near infrared spectroscopy monitoring in the injured extremity and acute compartment syndrome. The Bone and Joint Journal, 1 Jun 2018.
- Seyal M. Frontal hemodynamic changes precede EEG onset of temporal lobe seizures. Clin Neurophysiol. 2014 Mar;125(3):442-8
- Hyttel-Sorensen S, Trine Witzner Hessel TW, Greisen G. Peripheral tissue oximetry: comparing three commercial near infrared spectroscopy oximeters on the forearm. J Clin Monit Comput (2014) 28:149–155
- Chakrabarti D, Byrappa V, Kamath S et al. Acute Changes in the Cerebral Oximetry During Intraoperative Seizures: An NIRS-based Observation. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2014 Oct 14
- Moseley BD, Britton JW, So E et al. Increased cerebral oxygenation precedes generalized tonic clonic seizures. Epilepsy Res. 2014 Nov; 108(9):1671-4
- Ahn A, Yang J, Parnia S: A Pilot Study Examining the Relationship between Regional Cerebral Oxygen Saturation in the Immediate Post-resuscitation Period and Survival to Hospital Discharge. American Thoracic Society Meeting, Philadelphia, May, 2013
- Meex I, De Deyne C, Dens J, Scheyltjens S, et al. Feasibility of absolute cerebral tissue oxygen saturation during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Critical Care 2013;17:R36 doi:10.1186/cc12546
- Wutzler A, Nee J, Boldt LH, Kuhnle Y, et al. Improvement of cerebral oxygen saturation after successful electrical cardioversion of atrial fibrillation. Published on behalf of the European Society of Cardiology. Europace Advance Access published July 31, 2013.
- Ahn A D’Orazi F Malik H Parnia S: A Pilot Study Examining the Role of Regional Cerebral Oxygen Saturation Monitoring as a Marker of Return of Spontaneous Circulation in Shockable and Non-Shockable Causes of Cardiac Arrest. American Heart Association Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, Nov. 2012
- Cole A, Herman R, Heimlich J, Ahsan S, Freedman B, Shuler M. Ability of Near Infrared Spectroscopy to Isolate Muscle Compartments of the Upper Extremity. The American Orthopaedic Association. Washington DC. June 28, 2012. Poster presentation.
- Davie SN, Grocott HP. Impact of Extracranial Contamination on Regional Cerebral Oxygen Saturation: A Comparison of Three Cerebral Oximetry Technologies. Anesthesiology. 2012;116(4):1-7.
- Nasir A, Richman P, Parnia S. A Study of Regional Cerebral Oxygen Saturation Monitoring in Predicting Neurological Outcomes Following Cardiac Arrest. American Thoracic Society. San Francisco, CA. May 21, 2012. Poster session.
- Schwarte L, Schober P. Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) to monitor peripheral tissue oxygenation in an airplane-based and a helicopter-based emergency medical service: A safety and feasibility study. European Congress of Trauma and Emergency Surgery. Basel, Switzerland. May 15, 2012. Poster session.
- Wroblewski J, Ulrich F, Lobbestael A, Prior M. A Breakthrough Technology Using Nonin Medical’s Dynamic CompensationTM Algorithm for Neonatal/Pediatric Cerebral Oximetry.2012. Data on file at Nonin Medical.
- Bickler PE, Feiner JR, Eilers H, et al. Performance of 5 Cerebral Oximeters During Hypoxia in Healthy Volunteers. American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL. October 17, 2011. Poster session.
- Cizenski JD, Robinson K, Hojnowski K, et al. Noninvasive regional oximetry correlates with direct Laser Doppler measurement of intestinal perfusion. FASEB J. 2011; 25: 814.21.
- Davie S, Grocott H. The impact of extra cranial contamination on NIRS measurements of regional cerebral oxygen saturation: a comparison of three different cerebral oximeters. Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists 33rd Annual Meeting. Savannah, GA. May 3, 2011. Poster session.