PalmSAT® 2500 Series Specifications
Oxygen Saturation Display Range: 0% to 100% SpO2
Pulse Rate Display Range: 18 to 321 beats per minute (BPM)
Accuracy – Sensors: Declared accuracy data for compatible sensors can be found in Nonin’s Sensor Accuracy document.
Measurement Wavelengths and Output Power**:
Red: 660 nanometers @ 0.8 mW maximum average
Infrared: 910 nanometers @ 1.2 mW maximum average
Pulse Quality Indicator: LED, tricolor
Numeric Displays: 3-digit, 7-segment LEDs, red
Low Battery Indicator: LED, amber
Operating: -20 to +40 °C (-4 to +104 °F)
Storage/Transportation: -40 to +70 °C (-40 to +158 °F)
Time (from storage) for monitor to be ready for its intended use: 5 minutes to warm from -40 °C to -20 °C
10 minutes to cool from 70 °C to 40 °C
Operating: 10% to 95% non-condensing
Storage/Transportation: 10% to 95% non-condensing
Operating: Up to 4,000 meters (13,123 feet)
Hyperbaric Pressure: Up to 4 atmospheres
Four 1.5V AA-size alkaline batteries (80 hours typical operation) or NiMH rechargeable battery pack (40 hours typical operation)
Dimensions: 13.8 cm H x 7.0 cm W x 3.2 cm D (5.4 in H x 2.8 in W x 1.3 in D)
Weight: 210 g (7.4 oz) (with alkaline batteries)
230 g (8.1 oz) (with NiMH rechargeable battery pack)
Classifications per ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1 / CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60601-1:
Type of Protection: Internally powered (on battery power)
Degree of Protection: Type BF-Applied Part
Mode of Operation: Continuous
Enclosure Degree of Ingress Protection: IP32
** This information is especially useful for clinicians performing photodynamic therapy.
This device is not made with natural rubber latex.
PalmSAT® 2500 Series Troubleshooting
- Unit will not turn on:
- Install four new batteries
- Verify correct polarity of the batteries (FIGURE 1)
- Disconnect any accessories attached to the device
- Verify battery contacts, inspect for corrosion / clean contacts
- Unit will not display readings:
- Verify that only Nonin accessories are being used
- Verify integrity of all batteries, verify battery polarity, is „Battery Low‟ indicator illuminated
- Try another sensor
- If an extension cable is being used, remove and try again using only the sensor.
- Verify that tester \ patient is not wearing fingernail polish
- Unit will not hold memory or date and time settings
- Clock and calendar settings should be checked or reset when batteries are removed or replaced
- Batteries must be replaced within two minutes to avoid the loss of memory
- The loss of memory can only be caused by loss of power to the unit. Check for visible signs of corrosion and/or clean battery contacts. Check for proper polarity of installed batteries
- Verify that advance button is being pressed as unit is turned on when downloading. The unit should display “CLR NO”
- A minimum of two minutes data is required for the unit to store the information to memory
- Unit is displaying erratic readings
- Follow steps in item #2 above
- Continuous flashing RED perfusion LED
- A „NO‟ signal at the sensor site. Examine the patient: reposition the sensor or elect an alternate sensor site.
- Excessive motion at the sensor site may be prohibiting the PalmSAT from acquiring a consistent pulse signal. Eliminate or reduce the cause of the motion artifact or reposition the sensor to a sensor site where motion is not present.
- A sensor failure. Replace the sensor.
- Flashing YELLOW perfusion LED
- The quality of the pulse signal at the sensor site is marginal.
- Examine the patient: reposition the sensor or select an alternate sensor site.
- You are unable to obtain a green blinking pulse quality display.
- Low patient pulse strength; or the sensor site is poorly perfused; or the sensor is not correctly positioned. Reposition the sensor on the patient.
- The sensor is attached too tightly, or tape or other items are restricting the pulse quality at the sensor site. Reapply the sensor, select an alternate sensor site, or remove the restrictive material from the sensor site.
- Circulation is reduced due to excess pressure between the sensor and a hard surface.
- Excessive ambient light. Reduce the ambient light, cover site.
- Poor Patient circulation due to cold extremities – have patient exercise fingers or warm fingers with warm water.
PalmSat 2500 – Battery placement configurations:
Battery installation (4) – Left to Right – #1, #2, #3, #4
#1 – No power, no indications (#2,#3,#4 correct polarity)
#2 – Will power ON, Battery Low indicator ON, no reading (#1,#3,#4 correct polarity)
#3 – No power, no indications (#1,#2,#4 correct polarity)
#4 – Will power ON, Battery Low indicator ON, no reading (#1,#2,#3 correct polarity)
Two or more batteries installed in reverse, No power, no indications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nonin Medical Inc
13700 1st Ave N,
Plymouth, MN 55441
Toll Free (USA and Canada)
Nonin Medical B.V.
Doctor Paul Janssenweg 150
5026 RH Tilburg
+31 (0)13-79 99 040
+31 (0)13-79 99 042